Thursday, January 08, 2009


ru yan - Olivia Ong

10 WAYS TO TELL WHETHER YOU HAVE THE LITTLE NYONYA WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS:

1. You are feeling empty ever since the series ended its run.
2. You just joined The Little Nyonya group on Facebook.
3. You can't stop humming the theme song, 如燕.
4. You have watched the last episode again on various sites or on your DVD recorder.
5. You have searched 如燕 on Imeem or other media sites.
6. You have tried playing the song on piano.
7. You have tried watching all the videos on The Little Nyonya website.
8. You have been thinking about all the loopholes to the ending.
9. You hope you have some Peranakan blood in you.
10. You will start singing Tri-la-li-la-li-baba, Tri-la-li-la-li-nyonya out of the blue.

Ok maybe I should change all the 'you's to 'I's. I seriously am suffering from The Little Nyonya withdrawal symptoms! I've never been so hooked on any Mediacorp show before. Usually I'll be ok if my mum forgets to record one episode for other shows but when she does forget to record an episode of The Little Nyonya, I'll get very upset! I know it's crazy!!! HAHA. Why didn't they air the series before I went Malacca in September? Then I can look out for all the Peranakan stuff there!

How can anyone be as perfect as Yueniang? She's pretty, can cook, can sew, has a brain for businesses, she's kind hearted, she's willing to learn.. And the sarong kebaya fits her to a T. Although Felicia Chin is pretty too, she looks weird when she's in the kebaya. Jeanette Aw wears it best!! And Yuzhu... Her fate really too sad already.

Die la I'm crazy. I won't mind spending another 1.5 hours rewatching the last episode again (cos I forward all the advertisements, hahaha). You know they're releasing DVDs for the whole series? I bet alot of crazy people will go get it! But maybe not me although I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms. The new show has gotten me tickled but hasn't exactly made me think of the show over and over again.

I'm mad. YAY!