Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Way before Danzation preparation began, I was told I'm in the photography and videography team for Danzation 2008. I was super elated because photography is my love, and when I first read the proposal I was to be part of the team doing the photoshoots which made me really really excited.

But in the end the photoshoots really caused so much problems for me and Nicole so much so that we began to wonder, why are we working so hard for? Initially we were to rent the FSV studio to do our photoshoot there because we could use the lights but end up TT didn't allow, so we just thought of alternative methods to complete these shoots. Meaning, go down to Beauty World to buy white cloth, cutting the cloth, and testing if it could work as the background. I really got no idea why the shoots we must use like 5 sessions to complete when initially I only gave 2 days for it. Then nobody know I'm always chased for the photos, because I still need to edit all of it and make them look consistent, on top of my FYP. And I realised, only 1 or 2 choreographers thanked us after we did the shoot. Then we do it for so many sessions, the cloth always put up take down put up take down, you all think very fun?

Actually sometimes I really have no idea why am I so nice to bring my camera so often. Then everyone play till damn happy. But you all know, shutter count once reach 200k of photos must change the shutter box?? Nobody knows. Then when I have to change, I pay myself but actually alot people take alot of useless photos and they're all lying in my computer. I used my own money to buy my DSLR. You all like it, buy one yourself. I'm okay if you're my close friend and you wanna play with it but if you're not you better know where you stand.

And then for videos. Everyone takes for granted. Probably most of you don't really know how much time we take to churn these videos out. Think it can be completed within 2-3hours? You're wrong. We take at least 4 hours for each shoot, including pre-production meaning planning of shots, preparing props, finding locations for the shoot, and getting the equipment. Then the actual shoot also takes time cos we still got to frame the shots, then sometimes not a good take then must retake. Then post-production includes digitizing the tape, editing, adding subtitles and stuff. Then during pre-production we also must make sure everyone involved can make it or at least one cam op. But then, we even have a problem with this, how to shoot? Then props we buy cannot even claim (if it's food) then where we get back our money? Anyone offer to help us? Have, I know. But it's the minority. How many meetings we have planning the shots, nobody knows. Then when we have no ideas, also nobody knows. Think so easy to come up with a concept of the video is it? What about the shoot we wanted to do at East Coast? We started on it on 31st October. We failed due to weather and can never do that shoot again due to time constrains. We camped there for 9 hours, anyone knows? Then the equipment that we had to borrow from Yew and Shawn's school, it's damn hard to borrow, anyone knows? No camera no matter how much effort we spent on pre-production we also cannot shoot.

Then because of all these shit, Nicole and I really sort of screw up our studies. Like totally no time to study. The day before our papers we still intend to shoot but end up also screw up. I studied hard for ESD paper. I know the time I spent on it wasn't enough but at least I had time to finish 5 past year papers. But guess what? The paper I had was nothing like the past year papers. I damn lucky. Then throughout my paper I was coughing. Really damn sorry to the rest of the candidates.

I haven't gone on a date in ages. I haven't watched a movie in ages. And it's all due to what? Danzation. Not like I'm not happy being part of it, but don't you just realise, my video team has really been taken for granted for? You all think, all we do is just take photos and film videos, not very difficult what. Ya before you all say that, come along with video team for 1 filming session and see for yourself before judging our team.

I really don't know how some people can be so selfish to think of themselves only. You have a problem, WHAT ABOUT US???

I just want to thank those people who understand our crazy to the ultimate max schedules. And video team for going through thick and thin with me. :D