Tuesday, August 15, 2006

NRA DANCE CAMP (OVERDUED)

This is a very very overdued post. A certain someone made me delete this entry but I wasn't so stupid to delete this since I think I took about 5 hours to write this entry. And I finally remembered about it. So yeah, here to post it!

June 16, 2006

I haven't been updating for pretty long already. Last week's common tests were alright. Tuesday's EG2 I only didn't know how to do the last question which is so blah. Didn't know what the hell the question was talking about. I left at about 12.15, 15 minutes before the paper ended. I actually finished the paper at 11.40 and I didn't dare to leave at 12, so I only left when I saw more people leaving too. Wednesday's ENGMEC I might flunk it. Not too sure about some parts and I gabra anyhow do. After the exam ate lunch with Vanessa and Mellisa and then we went for ELTECH extra lessons. I dunno why I was soooo tired so I slept in class when Mr Yee was teaching Kirchoff's current/voltage law. I got Vanessa to was me when he's gona teach Mesh and Branch analysis. I finally understood it all! It made me so happy. And I was actually pretty confident of the Thursday's ELTECH paper. Only didn't know how to do one question. The paper started at 11 and I left at 11.45! So fast right. I reached home at like 1pm and I didn't study for MTPRAC at all for the whole day. I practically regarded the time as if I already finished my tests. So I woke up at 7 the next morning to study. The bloody paper was gonna start at 4pm. Like wth so late. Reached school pretty early so continued studying there, and then went to the exam hall. While we were doing the paper, the invigilator suddenly told us that we could only leave at 5 after the paper ends, and not after we finished! Everyone was like wahlaueh! Their reason is because there were other papers going on concurrently. Like blah la. I'm so totally gonna flunk MTPRAC.

Reached home late and slacked for a while before starting to pack for Saturday to Monday's NRA camp. I managed to squeeze so much stuff into my bag. We even had to bring make up for showcase like wth! So I just asked my mom to pack all of it for me. Oh yes and I was watching world cup opening match as I was packing. i don't really take sides though. HAHA. I finished packing at 1am and went to sleep without finish watching the match. I took a record 1 hour plus to pack. Usually I'm such a slowmo I just spend all day packing and procrastinating.

On saturday woke up at 6.45. Packed some last minute stuff that I had to get downstairs cuz I was lazy the night before. And breakfast. Then I carried the super heavy bag to the stupid 74 bus stop and wth the bus was so long. And when it came, it was a freaking single deck and what made it worse was that it was non-aircon! Dumbass bus. It was crowded too, so I didn't get on since I was still pretty early. Luckily the next bus that came after 5 minutes was air-conditioned although it was still a single deck bus. Can't SBS get their priorities right? It was the peak hours and they kept sending single decks. Luckily I found a seat because my shoulder was about to dislocate already.

Reached school at about 8.30. Slacked in canteen 2 for a while then went up to the studio with everyone. The seniors first gave a briefing and then grouped us. I was in a group called Indi-Dolls. The names of the groups were from past competitions. Then had ice breaker games. I really disliked the games cuz it was soooooo boring and we had to introduce ourselves like so many bloody times. Grrrr I really didn't like the first part of the day.

After lunch played touch and go. It was slightly more fun and the girls were screaming like crazy. So scary lah. Then after that had a session with our instructor Ann. She told us alot and we watched a video of past performances. THEY EVER PERFORMED TO GIRLS ON TOP!!! When I heard the music and saw part of the choreography I was like OMG! So damn excited. But of course nobody understood why cuz their ears weren't as sharp as mine to hear the song. LOL. We were told to choose and rank the artiste group that is given so that we can be put into our showcase group. There were many artistes, about 10.

1. Britney Spears
2. Christina Aguilera
3. Beyonce
4. Janet Jackson
5. Jennifer Lopez
6. BoA (!!!!!)
7. Fergie (Black Eyed Peas)
8. Rain
9. JJ Lin
10. Usher

Obviously BoA was top on my list, followed by JJ Lin and thirdly I didn't know why I just put Fergie (???) Haha. We had to choose the artistes whose style we can most likely bring out. And the seniors will put us into the groups accordingly. Ann's talk was supposed to be quite long but it ended at around 6 so we went for dinner when lunch didn't seem very long ago. I was really really tired so before they said we could eat, I plopped on the table and took a short nap. Dinner was alright.

Then went back to LT 73 where we had the talk. It was make up and hairstyling course after dinner. Like blah I totally dunno what the hell and how the hell I should do make up. Grrr. Ann taught us and some seniors demonstrated. Hairstyling was more fun. But sad for all the seniors's hairs who got back-combed. It no doubt helps enhance stage presence, but seriously its the worse thing that could ever happened to your hair. Its done like this: first, spray ALOT of hairspray on the part which you would like to back-comb. Then, using a comb with small gaps between the teeth, put it at the ends of your hair and go backwards. Ouch, you might say, that's why I pity the seniors.

They didn't put me in BoA's group!!!! I was devastated. I wanted so much to be in there. HAIZ. But anyway, I got into JJ Lin's group. Can't imagine if I got into Fergie's group though I know nothing about her style except that there's alot of krumping. Everyone in the group had to just choreograph one set of eight counts and we could go to sleep already. We ended at 11.30. I was back at the dorm but the Fergie group was still using the dorm so I had no place to sleep. Like wth lah. But luckily when they took a break I quickly tried to find a place to sleep. But the night's sleep wasn't good at all. The aircon was freezing cold and the floor was hard. I woke up a trillion times throughout the night.

The next morning I woke up quite early cuz I couldn't sleep anymore. Washed up and waited for the other girls. Everyone was late for 30 minutes for morning exercise, so a senior punished us to do 30 pumping. Grrr I couldn't do lah cuz I was tired. Also had morning run. I was running with Viven. We two stamina like crap. HAHA.

After breakfast we had to join the steps together to form the dance. Our song was Di Er Tian Tang. We took four hours to put everything together. Then it was practicing time. And lunch. After that at around 4 we had to start getting ready for the night's rehearsal for the next day's showcase. We had to put on makeup. I totally can't do it so a senior Catrina [I dunno the spelling, pardon me] helped me. She's so nice lah. Even lent me her palette of eyeshadow. I'm such a noob at it I feel ashamed. HAHAHA. And another senior Geraldine helped me with my hair. I sincerely thank them =) Our group was running pretty late and so we didn't have time for dinner. Went straight to LT 68E at the convention centre where we had the rehearsal. The first run was pretty good already, but it could be better of course. Daphne Khoo is also in NRA and she performed to Britney's Overprotected with some seniors as her backup dancers. Its pretty good. Daphne can sing. All the groups were great during the rehearsal. But I myself did some parts wrong. I think it was fatigue that was causing me to forget my steps. And not forgetting that at that point of time I hadn't had my dinner yet!

After the first rehearsal, Ann gave us some comments and stuff and everyone went outside to continue practicing. Then there was the second rehearsal. It was waaaaaayyyy better than the first. However I still danced some parts wrongly. Haiz. Since everyone did a great job, we all left for the studio again. Helped to clean up the studio even though my group didn't use it. And finally dinner at like 10.30pm. I ate with Charlotte and Su. The dinner was bad. The noodles were already dried up so I didn't eat alot.

We went back to the dorms to get our clothes. Charlotte and I went to bathe first. The bloody water was soooooo cold I was jumping inside. Came out in a matter of minutes. The bathroom was sooooo crowded and it seems as though all the girls are in there. We went back to the dorms to put our stuff when the seniors told us that there's a senior's birthday and made everyone go back to the green patch. Like wth our problem arh. It was already 12 plus and it didn't end till early 12.40am. Haiz.

When back at the dorms, qamariah had to edit a bit of her costume so I waited for her then I could share my sleeping bag with her cuz the room was really very very cold. Poor Vivien had to go teach her group member the dance. She didn't come back till 4 plus. The 2nd night I slept much better. But it still wasn't the best conditions to sleep under.

Third day morning had yoga session. It was pretty cool. But the positions were really difficult cuz it really really required alot of strength and flexibility. But most people couldn't do it anyway so I'm not that bad. LOL. Then at the end there was a relaxation part, we were told to lie on the mat to relax the muscles. I think everyone fell asleep! Cuz everyone worked so hard for the past few days.

After yoga had more practice since it was the last time before the showcase already. We all practiced hard. And after lunch we gotta start preparing for the showcase, that is, to put on make up and to style hair. I put on my own make up for the first time in my life!!!! Ohman. And I drew the stupid eyeliner so thick at the bottom part of my eye! But luckily I used pencil and not liquid or else it'll be so hard to remove. I still had to borrow my senior's palette of eyeshadows though. And Geralding helped me style hair again! Yay she rocks totally. And she lent me mascara too. Haiz stupid me everything also don't have. Cuz everything's my mom's and its not like what they want. We finished everything on the dot.

Suddenly, we found out that our showcase is not gonna happen at LT 68E cuz they couldn't book the place. End up having to use sports hall. Can you imagine? The floor is carpeted and its not those tight carpet, its those they tape to the floor and you can remove afterwards. Wth right how to dance? Cannot even do a turn. Haiz. The showcase started rather early even though it was slated for 4pm. Everyone was cheering like mad and screaming like crazy. The Rain's one was very funny. There's this breathy part then everyone did together that it was real funny. Haha. Then all the groups went by. My group was the fifth. I tried hard not to dance wrongly but I still did in one small part. Thankfully it wasn't really noticable.

After the whole thing ended, we all went back to the studio where Ann chose the best female make up, the best male make up and of course the best group. The best group went to BoA's group lah!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! MOTO!!!!!! Their song was 'Can't Let Go', 'Valenti' and 'Moto' mixed together. Can yo believe it?????? MOTO!!!!!!! Its like my super ultimate favourite song lah. I'm still in the process of learning it and nearly done soon! YAY! But honestly their group was good even though they did freestyle all the time. But the freestyle looks as though its part of the choreography. Our group had a special mention too! Cuz we got really funny parts and I was laughing a bit when I was doing it too. HAHA.

Then after everything, it was phototaking session. Took like so many photos but all not with me! Gonna get the girls to send me. Only have a few self shots with some girls though.


Me with make up. HAHA nice? The picture quality is lousy though.


My hair =)


Me and Su.


Me and Qamariah.


NRA everyone!


NRA Freshies

And of course, our video!!!!! Its youtube quality though and it suck totally. I hate youtube vids but please make do with it!




That's all folks about the camp and my past week!